Digging under concerete sucks!

jjdurrant

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 27, 2008
MN
Had to replace a fitting and pipe yesterday.. no fun!!!

4481819314_604874a884_o.jpg

4481819336_4850f33e45_o.jpg

No crack.. that I could see.. but when closing PB was only ever to get 10lbs of pressure when blowing out the lines.. luckily replacing the fitting and a new piece of flex resolved.. I am just glad I didn't have to replace the entire pipe!

Been there many times my friend. Being skinny has it's advantages Less dirt to move. Twice.

When backfilling, spray some water and tamp frequently or you won't get it all back in there. Then it'll settle and leave a void.

I have an easy one next week, two skimmer lines and a wide 12 foot deck. I'm cutting the deck though which makes it somewhat easier. I just hope it isn't 6" thick, I can only cut 5.5". Murphy hate me too.

Scott

jjdurrant said:
I am glad some of you can relate to my pain.. I got the hole backfilled... I did not use water but I did pack the dirt in tight. Pool is now open!

NICE! I just opened my first pool of the season. A Bit early, but im not complaining.. felt so good to get working. Pool opened beauty-ful with no problems! :party:

lets goooooooo spring!

I chickened out.

I have a leak in the pipe that feeds the spill over spa when in pool mode. Rather than try to fix it, I capped it in the spa and am re-plumbing to direct that flow to the spa jets. I'm able to do it all above ground at the equipment pad. Only requires some PVC pipe, fittings and a check valve. My project for the weekend.

Only loss is I can no longer have a fountain effect in the spa. But I never used it anyway because I thought it looked silly, required a pipe in the middle of the spa, and raised the pH like crazy.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I feel your pain! The previous owners poured a 28x14 concrete patio directly on top of the septic tank...can you imagine digging for that port? I had to pull all that concrete up and decided no more concrete on this house! Found a steal on pavers and redid the whole thing, now I just have to pull up some pavers and access my septic! :) Good job on yours, no fun digging sideways!! :) I have to dig a 20 foot trench tomorrow for my french drain I put in today, and I'm a girl! :)

Tara

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.