Cool new videos on water testing by Taylor

If anyone found the "daylight simulator" as cool as I did, the one they used was:
GEPE - Pro 4X5 Slim Light Box

It is about $50 and sold at photography supply places online.

I must now have one. :)

Where were those videos a month ago when I needed them? :hammer:

That link could definitely go right into Pool School.

I did think it was funny how much DPD powder he used, though. Heaping dippers full.

I also saw that they have a video for their Speedstir magnetic stirrer. Very tempted to get one, but $40 with shipping is a little steep.

svenpup said:
I also saw that they have a video for their Speedstir magnetic stirrer. Very tempted to get one, but $40 with shipping is a little steep.
Actually, that's a very good price! I have the Apollo magnetic stirrer which IIRC is sold by a member of this forum. It was about that same price, and is worth every penny!

EDIT: OK, I'm an idiot...I didn't see that it was Paul( seller of the Apollo unit ) who started this thread! Love your magnetic stirrer, Paul! :oops:

The Apollo Magnetic Stirrer makes testing a breeze. I love my stirrer :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Everyone who owns a pool needs to invest in one.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You will be happy when you get it. :whoot: Did you get the Apollo? I like this one because it is small and portable, runs on batteries :cheers: :cheers:

What ever type you get you will be very surprised how quickly and easy your testing will be. You will be like the Pros :party: :whoot: :cheers:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
For whatever reason, I can't get the videos to work either in Firefox 3.6.2 nor Safari 4.0.5, both using Adobe Flash player 10.0.45.2. This is all on Mac OS 10.5.8. The Taylor website comes up with the video box, but clicking on the play button either in the center of the black video screen or in the lower-left of the player does nothing.

Any ideas?

chem geek said:
For whatever reason, I can't get the videos to work
I had that problem at first as well. What you need to do is click on a category on the left (presumably pool/spa) and then click on one of the links that appears below the video box. Once you do that, the video you clicked on can be played by pressing the play button.

JasonLion said:
chem geek said:
For whatever reason, I can't get the videos to work
I had that problem at first as well. What you need to do is click on a category on the left (presumably pool/spa) and then click on one of the links that appears below the video box. Once you do that, the video you clicked on can be played by pressing the play button.
Doh! Thanks, that worked. It would have helped if I followed their instructions and clicked on one of the categories on the left.

falken said:
If anyone found the "daylight simulator" as cool as I did, the one they used was:
GEPE - Pro 4X5 Slim Light Box

It is about $50 and sold at photography supply places online.

I must now have one. :)

As must I! Is that battery powered or plugged in? I don't have electricity up at the pool lab but gosh, I'd run a line to it if I absolutely have to. What a very cool gadget!

svenpup said:
Nope...he doesn't sell his own anymore.
I have a daughter who just turned 2, the stirrers were taking up way too much time away from family. I'm so looking forward to her jumping off from the deck into the pool and in my arms!

Have a great summer everyone! (It'll be 23°C tomorrow! woohoo!)

CaOCl2 said:
svenpup said:
Nope...he doesn't sell his own anymore.
I have a daughter who just turned 2, the stirrers were taking up way too much time away from family. I'm so looking forward to her jumping off from the deck into the pool and in my arms!

Have a great summer everyone! (It'll be 23°C tomorrow! woohoo!)
FYI I love your magnetic stirrer :cheers: :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.