Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Combo "on ground" pool recomendations

1. Back To Top    #1

Combo "on ground" pool recomendations

Hi everyone

I am new here and need some advice. In my previous house i had 20x40 IGP for over 20 years. Which i really miss. Would like to install a pool at my new house. The problem has been the extreme slope in my yard. I don't have megabucks to spend on major excavation, building retaining walls and buying and bringing in tons of fill dirt.

It appears that the new pools which are advertised with in ground or above ground installation (or some combination thereof) advertised as perfect for sloped yards seems to be my best fit.

I would like any information on personal experience with these products or recommendations OR simple tibits of information would be greatly appreciated. I have been searching the web for several days now and i feel i am looking for a needle in the proverbial haystack. Also if anyone knows the official name for these type pools that would help in my research.

I would appreciate any advice or help.
    Thanks Janet
    Janet C
    King George 27" round extruded aluminum on ground pool (half buried/half open) on a severe slope. 4ft deep 18k gallons.

2. Back To Top    #2
    These types of pools are usually referred to "on ground pools"
    My sister has one built into a slope.

http://www.propools.com/cgi-local/SoftC ... 1185490628

http://www.pioneerfamilypools.ca/pages/pools.html - click the different configurations under onground

3. Back To Top    #3

thanks for the information

Did your sister use the propool? How long has she had her pool? Is she satisfied? Did they still have to do excavation?

Thanks for the help
    Janet
    Janet C
    King George 27" round extruded aluminum on ground pool (half buried/half open) on a severe slope. 4ft deep 18k gallons.

4. Back To Top    #4
    We did not buy an ONground, but I just want to say we bought our AG pool from ProPools and were VERY satisfied with price, service and the quality of the product were received. Just thought I would get that in there.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!

5. Back To Top    #5
    her pool came with the house, no idea of make or where it came from.

6. Back To Top    #6

Thanks for the replies

Glad to hear you were satisfied with propools. Any one else have recommendations or tidbits of information?

thanks all
    janet
    Janet C

7. Back To Top    #7
    TFP Guide

In the Industry

Hi Janet:

You do know you can get an inground pool kit as well, just have the installer raise it out of the ground, that is what we did with ours. With an inground, as you know, you get more shapes.

Rik