Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Slick steps

1. Back To Top    #1

Slick steps

OK, I messed up when I epoxy coated my pool and forgot to add sand on the step and swim out spots. the pool is full, is there anything I can do with water in the pool to keep it safe from slipping?
    Hayward 1 1/2 HP Max FLO Pump, Hayward Star Clear cartridge filter, Compupool 24 SWG for 26,000 Gal. Pool, 14x28 3.5 to 6 foot painted in-ground Pool.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Slick steps

Someone posted here about putting tread tape on their steps under water. That may work for you and it wouldn't be permanent so if you ever got the opportunity to do it right you could.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Slick steps

This might be a dumb idea (I have absolutely no experience), but they make this two-part putty like epoxy used to seal pool leaks like around a return. I am led to believe some varieties can harden underwater.

So, could you get some of this, mix in some sand, and spread it in a strip, probably along the front edge of the steps?

I admit this suggestion isn't well thought out, and easily could be a really stupid (or worse, dangerous) thing to do, but....
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot