clairification/fine particals on bottomof pool

gif54

Mar 28, 2010
I have small splotches 1"+- on the bottom of my pool. They are comprized of fine particals of some kind.
When brushed they go away, but come back within a day or so.
Have not seen any forums on clariifiers. Do they work,what effect do they have on chemistry/equipment?

FC-18
CC-0
TA-70
CH-350
CYA-55(will fix before pool use)
SALT-2900
TEMP.-63
24' ROUND ABOVEGROUND;HAYWARD 1.5HP;150SQ.FT CARTRIDGE FILTER;HAYWARD SWG; 2-RETURNS W/BOTTOM DRAIN & SKIMMER.

got-ya.
They are very fine and as they settle out there are spots all over the bottom. When you try to vacum they are dispurced in the water.
When you say waste, would I turn the returns off? When I pump out water I get some flow thru the returns. I don't know if my friction fit hose on the waste pipe will hold with the increased presure on that connection.

Do you have a regular vacume hose, vac head combo? Do you have a "waste" setting on your filter/valve? I figured out how to vacume completely bypassing the filter last year when I was having some dirt/pollen issues... I held one end of the vac hose out of the pool, onto the ground. with the other end, and the vac head under water and ready to attach, I held the other end of the hose up to the return, to start siphoning the water thru the hose. Then keeping the hose end under the water to not lose prime, I attach it to the vac head. The dirt flows out of the pool with the water, not going thru the filter at all. I was able to vacume my whole pool only losing about 2 inches of water (I had extra from rain so this was a good thing :))

Ok, hope this helps.

Is it pollen season by you? You could also try skimmer socks...

It is very common for pollen to accumulate on the bottom of the pool at this time of year. Even if you clean it up, there is lots more falling into the pool to replace it. Unless the filter is broken, nothing that you can actually see as a particle should be able to get through it. Extremely fine particles that you can't see individually can get through the filter, but they form clouds in the water and don't settle on the bottom.

My filter is <than a year old and clean. I did not know just how fine the filter is. Thanks for that answer.
No cloudy water and have not gone through pollen yet, but it is starting. Hope to God the leaves are slowing down. When the particles settle out I think a small amount of black algae will start to grow in those areas. I don't know how, have had FC up to 28 for several weeks CC-0.Just recieved your TF-100 kit, thats when I realized how High it was. Great Kit.
Waste valve is bult into the Hayward Matrix filter housing and is before filter. Siphoning with the vacume might work if I can get my hose low enough.
Still know nothing about clarifiers.

Have a waste valve with friction hose attachnent that is built into the filter housing(hayward matrix)

A 3 way Jandy valve on a pump exhaust is a good option to have. One common port receives the pump discharge. One port goes to the filter and the other gets some pipe and a barbed fitting. Attach a backwash hose to the fitting. Then you can use this to vacuum to waste and when lowering the water level.

Scott

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.