New above ground construction and it's setback

Jan 7, 2010
Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while and have pulled some excellent information from the site.

So far I've leveled the area that the pool is going to go, added two inches of stone dust and compacted it, and have all my sand in the middle. Well two nights ago, we put up the walls and stabilized them with rope until we leveled the sand and put the liner in.

Well, last night came the wind and I woke up to a collapsed wall. And to boot, I came down with the flu today. So I have the wall mostly rolled back up and will try again next week when I'm off.

Just thought I would share my misery's with everyone. Thanks.

Not to be flip about this but if we took a poll on how many AG pool owners had that exact same story about the walls and the wind that first night, wowie, you would be surprised if you didn't find that it's so common that the manufacturers should just ADD a page into the instructions about expecting it to happen. Ours was an unforcasted thunderstorm with us running around at 4am trying to shore up and stabilize or minimize damage to bent or crumpled walls on our current oval. Our round we had before that included a similar scenario but part had blown into the woods.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.