Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: New above ground construction and it's setback

1. Back To Top    #1

New above ground construction and it's setback

Hi all,

I've been lurking here for a while and have pulled some excellent information from the site.

So far I've leveled the area that the pool is going to go, added two inches of stone dust and compacted it, and have all my sand in the middle. Well two nights ago, we put up the walls and stabilized them with rope until we leveled the sand and put the liner in.

Well, last night came the wind and I woke up to a collapsed wall. And to boot, I came down with the flu today. So I have the wall mostly rolled back up and will try again next week when I'm off.

Just thought I would share my misery's with everyone. Thanks.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New above ground construction and it's setback

Bummer.... feel better soon!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

3. Back To Top    #3

Sounds like the way things work for me. Hope you get to feeling better and things go better on the next install attempt.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Not to be flip about this but if we took a poll on how many AG pool owners had that exact same story about the walls and the wind that first night, wowie, you would be surprised if you didn't find that it's so common that the manufacturers should just ADD a page into the instructions about expecting it to happen. Ours was an unforcasted thunderstorm with us running around at 4am trying to shore up and stabilize or minimize damage to bent or crumpled walls on our current oval. Our round we had before that included a similar scenario but part had blown into the woods.
    18x33x52 Buttressfree Seaspray (Wilbar) AGP - 1.5hp Pentair Maxim w/22" Pentair Meteor Sand Filter, Aqua Rite SWG System, Biltmore Walk In Steps - 2/4x20 Solar Panel Setup - Doheny Jet Drive (RIP -Pool Rover Jr) - finally hard plumbed the whole darned thing -
    Beats Driving to the Lake!