Pool Build Time Lapse, updates Pics

Re: Our Pool Build

kenmar said:
Very Nice!
I am curoius, Is there a shallow end in your pool?

-Ken0

Thanks,
Funny you ask that. From the pictures it does not look like it but it has a big shallow end. It's shallow to the first "bump" in on the right side to the first boulder on the left side. Almost half the pool is shallow end and the deep end is only 6 feet deep. I'll see if I have a pic with a better perspective.

Attachments

• shallow.jpg
    shallow.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 292
I built a second pool fence and gates after I didn't like the stock Home Depot Stuff. Under construction here. Then painted and done.

Attachments

• 2-16-2010 034 (Small).jpg
    2-16-2010 034 (Small).jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 292
  • fence.jpg
    fence.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 292
  • fence2.jpg
    fence2.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 287
Trees came and got hoisted into the yard by crane. They had to come back with a bigger crane to set them.

Attachments

• trees.jpg
    trees.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 291
  • pool 210 (Small).jpg
    pool 210 (Small).jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 292
  • pool 211 (Small).jpg
    pool 211 (Small).jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 292
Trees in, no plants or ground cover yet. We put in 1 Big California Sycamore, 2 Austrailian Willows, 1 big Forest Pansy, 2 Chinese Magnolias ( 1 yellow 1 pink) and 1 Plumeria. We put in deep root barriers as we planted. Next step is shrubs/plants/ground cover and grass in the yard. After that all the lighting and yard art fun stuff goes in. Stay tuned for the next episode.....

Attachments

• pool 212 (Small).jpg
    pool 212 (Small).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 293
  • pool 213 (Small).jpg
    pool 213 (Small).jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 293

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love a free-formed pool! I think yours is awesome! :cool: Thanks for sharing! :goodjob:

PhotoEd said:
Can you point out the Plumeria in your photo? How low does your temps get in the winter?

:cheers:

Hi,
The Plumeria is the one right at the edge of the pool in the deck planter at waters edge. No leaves on it right now, they are just coming in again. Awesome pink flowers throughout the summer. It gets into the low 40's from time to time and they don't like it. I have a sentimental attachment to this particular Plumeria, a family friend gave me a cutting about 17 years ago and she passed on a year or so later. I've tended to it to the small tree it is today even digging it out and moving it when we moved houses a few years ago. Her family was from Okinawa, Japan and the clipping is from a tree in her yard that was from a clipping brought over from Okinawa when she was a baby. Anyhow, long answer sorry!

I thought that was it! :goodjob:

I've been a huge fan of the Plumeria from my time living in the S. Pacific and started one when I moved back to the states. I'm now up to 5, taking a cutting every couple of years or so. I do have to keep them in pots so that they can winter in the garage.

So wish I lived somewhere I could grow huge trees.

:cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.