Coping - precast or poured in place

Feb 25, 2010
Sacramento, CA
We are considering the use of precast concrete for the coping and for the tops of a raised bond beam. Is this more expensive than poured in place concrete? Are there advantages/disadvantages of using precast concrete? What manufacturers of precast concrete have you used? Ant thoughts would be appreciated.

Reactions: LJT says:
Peacock pavers were just used on a pool I am building. The home owner dealt direct with them and my guys installed the coping so I am not sure the cost. You can google Peacock pavers and I am sure you find them.

I personally like the look of poured in place and had that installed in my pool, BUT something we didn't consider is the how to deal with the poured in place if it gets damaged and needs replacing. Pre cast you just buy one more piece. Poured in place requires a much more difficult process to fix.

As far as cost. It depended on the pool builder. Some of our bids charged more for precast and some more for poured in place. Our guy does his own poured in place thus the pre cast cost more as he was the middle man. We love the look of our poured in place.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.