Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Coping - precast or poured in place

1. Back To Top    #1

Coping - precast or poured in place

We are considering the use of precast concrete for the coping and for the tops of a raised bond beam. Is this more expensive than poured in place concrete? Are there advantages/disadvantages of using precast concrete? What manufacturers of precast concrete have you used? Ant thoughts would be appreciated.
    Rgds,
    Dominick (Inground Pool Newbie)
    650 sq/ft - 20k gallons
    Free-Form Gunite with Granite Ansylbrite Finish
    40 sq/ft 18' raised spa
    Jandy DE60 filter
    Jandy Aquapure 1400
    Jandy Aqua link PDA

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Coping - precast or poured in place

Peacock pavers were just used on a pool I am building. The home owner dealt direct with them and my guys installed the coping so I am not sure the cost. You can google Peacock pavers and I am sure you find them.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Coping - precast or poured in place

I personally like the look of poured in place and had that installed in my pool, BUT something we didn't consider is the how to deal with the poured in place if it gets damaged and needs replacing. Pre cast you just buy one more piece. Poured in place requires a much more difficult process to fix.

As far as cost. It depended on the pool builder. Some of our bids charged more for precast and some more for poured in place. Our guy does his own poured in place thus the pre cast cost more as he was the middle man. We love the look of our poured in place.
    18,900 Stonescapes Tahoe Blue xtra black, 8 jet Spa, Pentair inteliflo VS , Pentair FNS 60 DE, Inteliclor40, Pentair 400,000 Mastertemp heater, 3 spillovers powered by a Pentair 1 HP whisperflo pump, The pool Cleaner, 2 Intellibright color changing lights and 400 sq ft. of Heliocol roof mounted solar.