24 ft AGP remove old and in with the new.

Good news the pool is in and it will be delivered this weekend. The install will be next week pending good weather.
The deck will be in on the 22nd. Finally!!! :D I am tired of looking at a hole in the ground.
Pics to come when the progress starts.

Here we go, Pool came rolling in faster than planned. :) The install went really quick!! Got the stretch liner looking good. No folds hanging over the outside of the pool like old blue there.
Main drain looks slick, Got a nice manifold to hook equipment to.
Heres some pics. Next will be the deck in a couple weeks.
IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4256.jpg

IMG_4257.jpg

IMG_4258.jpg

IMG_4259.jpg

IMG_4260.jpg

IMG_4261.jpg

Thanks I can't take credit for the install though. I gladly will pay a professional to to the job right the first time. :)
The old pool lasted 30 years from a great build, I could not argue with that.
Plus I am glad to pump some money in the US job market!!!
I get to turn the vaccume off in a couple minutes and stop filling for the night. The neighbors must hate me by now after hearing the noise all day, LOL
Hope the deck build go's quick!!

Added the second foot of water yesterday, and now finishing the rest of the water today now that proper stretching is complete of the liner. (Filling the other half of the pool)
Winds are crazy here in michigan today, but my house and trees are taking the brunt of it and shielding the pool for the most part. Its still scary till the pool is completely filled.
Getting a healthy dose of leaves and helicopter seeds in the pool to clean out.

I'm so green with envy. We have only a high of 54 degrees here today so not warm enough to get a liner in. Better to have a full pool to clean out than an empty one and many boxes lying around yet to be opened.

NWMNMom said:
I'm so green with envy. We have only a high of 54 degrees here today so not warm enough to get a liner in. Better to have a full pool to clean out than an empty one and many boxes lying around yet to be opened.

You will be up in no time. I bet its a warm summer for us northern folk.

Your new pool looks GREAT! Cant' wait to see the deck tie into the pool.
I am curiuos though after looking at your pictures, did you fill the soil back in around your pool with the same soil that was taken out during construction, or did you use the left over sand material to level off from the grass to the pool wall?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Dale.s said:
A main drain in a AGP? Thats just awesome! Did you happen to get any pics of how they put it in? id love to do that when i install mine!
I have one too. I don't know how I'd manage without it..I only have one skimmer in an 18x38 oval...if I ever have another liner put in I'm having another skimmer and return put in, but the main drain is awesome...

Dale.s said:
A main drain in a AGP? Thats just awesome! Did you happen to get any pics of how they put it in? id love to do that when i install mine!
No sorry I did'nt, I had to run to the pool stors because they didnt ship a couple things they needed. They dug a trench about 2 feet deep and buried the lines. The tamped the earth really well around it. They did it quick because they just started when I left and finished just when I got back in 15-20 minutes.

New deck will be installed next sat a week before memorial weekend, :) I have some other chors to do. I had new gutterss installed so now I get to dig trenches and bury pvc to direct water away from the house and attatch them to the gutters. Gets a few yards of top soil and slope the earth around the perimeter of the house and re sod. :(
Had the attic insulation fixed and ventilation corrected in the soffits. I finished some drywall repair and I installed new base and crown molding in the livingroom along with a fresh new color and rejuvinated the 50 year old hardwood floors.
Next I will do the kitchen remodel myself. That will be a big one as I am ripping the soffits out to be able to install taller cabinets.
Pics of the deck will come when completed.

Pool-creetin said:
New deck will be installed next sat a week before memorial weekend, :) I have some other chors to do. I had new gutterss installed so now I get to dig trenches and bury pvc to direct water away from the house and attatch them to the gutters. Gets a few yards of top soil and slope the earth around the perimeter of the house and re sod. :(
Had the attic insulation fixed and ventilation corrected in the soffits. I finished some drywall repair and I installed new base and crown molding in the livingroom along with a fresh new color and rejuvinated the 50 year old hardwood floors.
Next I will do the kitchen remodel myself. That will be a big one as I am ripping the soffits out to be able to install taller cabinets.
Pics of the deck will come when completed.
Slacker! :mrgreen:

poolgirl22 said:
Dale.s said:
I have one too. I don't know how I'd manage without it..I only have one skimmer in an 18x38 oval...if I ever have another liner put in I'm having another skimmer and return put in, but the main drain is awesome...

Me too. Love my bottom drain. :wink:

Great job - love your new pool especially the color of the liner. :goodjob:

:) Thats where the vacuum hose was inserted. It did go away as soon as it was removed.
Theres not one wrinkle in the liner. The installer did a heck of a job.
Thanks everybody!! The liner has been getting lots of compliments. Even the installer said he wanted one like it and will switch to the same one next season.

The deck has started and about half way done, Rain has came in and delaying the work. Hopefully it will stop soon, and they can resume, They went for a bite to eat and now sitting in the van waiting for it to stop.
The boss says it has to get done today as they are starting another job tomorrow.
Pics will be hopefully soon! Rain rain go away. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.