Just saying Hello!

MyBad

Feb 24, 2010
AZ
Like many, we bought a foreclosure with a pool, back in August. This is our first experience with a pool of any kind. I have been lurking here for a bit, trying to soak in the lingo, the how to's, and learn ...well how not to screw up the pool. :cheers:

Anyway I have my water looking pretty decent right now [thanks to you all] so here were my numbers yesterday.....
BTW ordered a test kit so these #'s are from the local Leslie's Pool ...been using test strips Noob I know.

FAC 2.0 [ADDED 2Qts 2 Cps Chlorine as advised by Pool Cal.]
PH 7.5
TA 90
CH 200
CYA 60
tds 1200
20,000 Gal IG Plaster about 5-6 Yrs old.

Hi MyBad,

If your CYA is really 60, then your FC is too low. Should be a minimum of 5 ppm FC. See the Chlorine/CYA chart in my sig.
Your CYA seems a tad on the high side. Where are you located, city & state?

Also if the test is correct, then you need to increase your CH. I suggest you wait on this until you get your test kit to verify :wink:
Then you will want to keep your pool chemistry at the Recommended Levels.

The TA is fine & the pH of 7.5 is absolutely perfect :-D

When you get time, please add your pool and equipment specs to your sig. Instructions are in the first article in Pool School.

Welcome to TFP :wave:

Butterfly said:
Hi MyBad,

If your CYA is really 60, then your FC is too low. Should be a minimum of 5 ppm FC. See the Chlorine/CYA chart in my sig.
Your CYA seems a tad on the high side. Where are you located, city & state?

Also if the test is correct, then you need to increase your CH. I suggest you wait on this until you get your test kit to verify :wink:
Then you will want to keep your pool chemistry at the Recommended Levels.

The TA is fine & the pH of 7.5 is absolutely perfect :-D

When you get time, please add your pool and equipment specs to your sig. Instructions are in the first article in Pool School.

Welcome to TFP :wave:
We are in Northern Calif...Bay Area [Brentwood area] I will add the specs, and thx for the help and welcome!

I got my test kit [TF-100] and here are my numbers today:
FC - 8
CC - <.05
pH -7.4
TA - 90
CH - 260
CYA - 80 [this test was the most challenging]

Over the last few days I have been lowering my TA, was 120, now at 90. Aerating to get PH back up as well.
Water looks like mountain spring water! So I have only added bleach, and a bit of muratic acid.
Brushing it once a week, running the Aquabot a couple of times a week.
Man I can't wait to get in this thing....your site has given me the answers needed to hit the ground running with regards to pool maintenance! Thx MB

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.