Water Jet into above ground pool

sevver

Mar 27, 2007
Morris, IL
I am currently in the process of hard piping some of my plumbing, and I have been wanting a water jet in my AGP. So I have decided to do that, basically what I am going to do is come out of the heater with 1 1/2" PVC, and put a PVC union in, then to a long sweep 90, then down under ground to another LS90, over to the pool, roll up with a LS90 and a 45, level off to a combo tee, up to a valve so that I can drop a flex hose right off of the jet. Out of the back of the tee, I put in a 1 1/2 x 1/2 reducer to a 1/2 butterfly valve, from there to a female adapter to a quick connect tubing connector for 3/8 tubing. Seems like it should work, I am going to run the tubing around about a third of the way and then up next to a vertical support, and possibly drill a hole in the coping, although I think I will first just test it by running over it first.

Any thoughts? My hope is dual purpose, I want to use it architecturally with the light especially at night, and also I hope to get my Total Alkalinity down, which is still at around 180, after having messed with dropping it from around 270 last year to there. I honestly hoped it would go down over the winter, but alas it didn't, and I am sure that it is just God's way of teaching me to have patience even if it takes more than one season. :wink:

So in regular people speak you are planning on putting a fountain feature in to lower alk and they also look good. There was a thread in PF on this with pictures. It apparently worked very nicely for both purposes.

That just does not sound as cool. But yes. I got it done, and the pool pump does not put out enough Oomph to push the water far, I need to put a reducer on the end of the tubing and see if it helps. I used 3/8 tubing, I may have to upgrade to maybe 1" and reduce to 3/8" at the end.
But if I pinch the end of the tubing with pliers, it shoots a nice 10 foot long stream, but it is only like 1/8" jet of water. Not what I wanted. But the heater is hooked up, solar cover is on, and pool is heating. No pics though, I got done after dark. Will get some tomorrow after church probably. I am also in the middle of a Landscape makeover.

I considered one of these too as my alk runs a bit high but not high enough to mess around with anything right now - priorities ya know.

fountain

Sevver,
I also have a lighted jet, the fountain attachment that you can buy for it is fantastic.
It's sprays a fan pattern, is adjustable in the angle it will shoot out over your pool at from almost vertial to almost horizontal, and you can adjust the pressure directed to the fountain from a trickle to a huge fountain that shoots about 6 feet up.

Aqualuminator is the name and I recommend going directly to their LED model since 1 replacement bulb on the regular one will put you at the same price.

The easy way to get the fountain effect I found was to just buy one. I purchased a "AquaGlow Rainbow Fountain" online for $49.99 and it works great. Powered totally by water and the changing led lights work great at lighting the water stream in random colors. It comes with an adapter to replace the eye of a return and coneect with a section of garden hose (not included). It can also be hooked up to a garden hose when you are adding water to the pool at night for a little show.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.