Mar 18, 2010
The pop up heads in our pool are bad and need replacing. We are very low on funds and was wandering what alternatives there might be. I believe the existing pop ups (2) are jandy. They twist into place and lock in w/ 4 notches. Any cheaper alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

We have a Paramount pcc2000 system with several cleaning jets. Assuming you have checked the system's operation and are sure the jets are bad, then the low buck alternative for cleaning the pool would be to get a suction side cleaner. IF your skimmer flows to the filter, then an adapter can be fitted into the skimmer and a hose with either an automatic or a manual (vacuum head on a wand) cleaner can be used. If your system has only 2 pop ups, I figure they are about 75-100 bucks each. (thats what they run for our pcc2000) If you do not have hose, adapter, wand/pole, and manual vac head, figure about that same 75-100 bucks for a new setup. Probably less if you are a frugal shopper.

If you are searching for help locating a source for used or reconditioned pop ups, then the usual ebay and craig's list might be helpful. I have never found used or reconditioned pop ups for the pcc2000. Just reconditioned control valve assys.
I have not found a "generic" pop up that will replace name brands.

Our pool can't support any skimmer attached cleaner, due to the plumbing setup.

If this isn't the correct info you need, give us some specifics on what alternatives you are looking for.

Any advice on how to get pop up heads out that are stuck? We have two in the deep end of our diving pool that need replacing and do not want to come out. We have a Shasta pool which was built in 1980. Thanks for your help.

azcampingnut said:
Any advice on how to get pop up heads out that are stuck? We have two in the deep end of our diving pool that need replacing and do not want to come out. We have a Shasta pool which was built in 1980. Thanks for your help.

What type of system do you have? Our pcc2000 popups use a tool that turns them about 1/8 turn to release them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.