Salt Water Chlorine System Recommendations

GVi77

Mar 24, 2010
I have been doing some research online about salt water systems and came across this great forum. I just purchased a short sale home and the owner stole all the pool equipment from the house. The pool had a Aqua Pure 1400 "older box type style". My question to you is, what system would you recommend to me? I have read there have been issues with both the Aqua Pure and Aqua Logic Goldline systems. I'm ready to purchase the pool equipment but wanted to hear from all the pool experts here on the forum. Any information, links, pictures and advice is greatly appreciated it! Glad to be part of the forum.

Thank you in advance!

G

Your best choice depends a lot on your budget. For lower end in-ground SWGs many people have been picking Compu Pool recently, midrange tends to be Hayward AquaRite or Pentair IntelliChlor, top of the line is usually AutoPilot Digital. Of course there are many other choices.

The size of the pool is about 12,000 gallons with a built in spa. I'm looking to spend around 1g for a salt water chlorine system. Since im a rookie all these products are new to me. I will also need to purchase two pumps and a filter. The pumps the home owner took were 1 1/2 hp Magnums. One for the pool and the other for the rock water fall. So basically I'm starting from scratch. There is a used Goldline system I can pick up on craigslist for $500 but I'm affraid to purchase it and have the cell go bad with in a short period of time.

You should think about getting a two speed pump, or even a variable speed pump, to replace the pool pump. The spa needs a fair amount of pump (ie what was there before) when it is in use, but for normal day to day water circulation you can use low speed and save a great deal on electricity.

There have been many excellent reviews of the Hayward (parent company of Goldline) automation systems and SWGs here at TFP. Any brand will occasionally have problems, but Hayward seems to have fewer problems than most. The Hayward Aqua Plus system is an amazing deal when you are purchasing a SWG and automation at the same time.

Thanks for all your help. The pump that was there before was the 1 1/2 hp Magnum pump for both the pool and the spa. Never knew they made two speed pool pumps. Great idea and thanks for the recommendation. The chlorine system you mention is the exact same one I can pick up used for $500 with the remote control. He also has a 2 HP Hayward pool pump and filter for an extra $400.

Thanks for the feedback Poolcat. One thing the home owner did leave on the wall was the Jandy Aqua Pure Control center. Still undecided if I should go with a totaly new system or just purchase the Jandy Aqua Pure Chlorine System. Got to get this pool up and running before the kids drive me crazy lol.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.