installing liner lock

Dee

Nov 4, 2007
Chattanooga TN
Hi! It seems every spring a small section of my liner pops out on each side of the steps past the corners in the shallow end, so this year I bought a 120 ft. roll of liner lock. There's no instructions with it so it must be pretty straight forward to use, right?

Thanks to Waste, I've got the liner back in the track, so I'd like to get this installed before the liner decides to pop back out. If I start right at the steps and push it in the track and go past the section that tends to pop out, can I cut it with scissors and apply to the other side? (I was thinking of using 60 ft. down each side) Will it install by simply pushing it in with my fingers or do I need a rubber mallet or something?

I was planning on using an old toothbrush to clean out any scum in the track before installing the liner lock. Am I on the right track (no pun intended)? Has anyone got any words of wisdom for me or what not to do from past experience?

Thanks in advance for the help!

It is likely the type you have can be pushed in although you may find a small mallet easier.....maybe even mandatory....try it and see.

I would suggest cleaning the track prior to insertion with a deck brush dipped in soapy water with Clorox mixed in....say about 1/4 cup to the bucket. It'll clean up easier and may help prevent mold from forming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.