Did I ruin my pump/filter?

ellava

Jul 25, 2007
I misread directions when I started reading about borax, etc. I thought I COULD add borax while still using bacquacil. Well, after my pump starting to make a horrible screaming noise I read the information again and see that the direction was NOT to use while using Bacquacil. I am going to convert next season to no bacquacil as the cost & performance don't seem worth it. Have I really ruined things or is there hope here? Thank you.

I believe your pump issue is mechanical and completely unrelated to the addition of borax. We'll need some more info about the pump (describe the noise, performance, etc,) but I can't imagine the borax has anything to do with it.

Take a look at the filter. I suspect it might be very clogged. There are more likely to be problems with the filter than the pump and major filter problems can cause the pump to make strange noises. If that isn't it, check the strainer basket/pre-pump filter screen for blockages. And finally, see if you can get to the impellor (with the power off!) and see if there is anything around it (pebbles, goo, etc) and try clearing that out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.