Re: Sweet! Update?

Ok, I just got a call saying they have hit some ground water. He said in about 3 hours we have about 4 inches of water in the deep end.

He said to fix the problem they spread rocks/gravel and attach a PVC line under the pool to pump out the water from under the liner.

How big of a problem is this and should I be worried?

He said that it shouldn't be a problem and as long as we have good drainage for the surface water we should be ok?

That's what they did for us with no problems. Our deep end is 6 foot and at that point we had over a foot of water. They had to dig down an extra couple of feet, put in a pvc pipe, and dump rock in. The pump ran 24/7 all during contruction and pumped into a swail until the pool was full. At the end, they capped it off and I suppose it would be used again if I ever needed to drain the pool.

lborne said:
That's what they did for us with no problems. Our deep end is 6 foot and at that point we had over a foot of water. They had to dig down an extra couple of feet, put in a pvc pipe, and dump rock in. The pump ran 24/7 all during contruction and pumped into a swail until the pool was full. At the end, they capped it off and I suppose it would be used again if I ever needed to drain the pool.

I think that is kind of what he is saying. He made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and they run into a lot. Just makes me nervous.

I'd guess I'm about a 90 minute drive north of lborne.

In my area they are surprised when they don't hit water.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi dankfoot!
It looks like a very nice and tidy work. Just out of curiosity though! I expect they coulden't have compacted the soíl around the pool beacuse it's not filled yet. Do you know how they going to get the soil compacted all way down once you start filling?
There are probably a very good way of doing so, I just coulden't figuring it out!

looking forward to more pictures :cheers:

Henry,
I asked if they compact the soil and they said no. This company does not pour the concrete until 3 or 4 weeks later. So with the rain and time the soil will compact on its own. I also asked about the dirt right around the top of the pool and they said they just fill that in with concrete.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Dank

be careful of the uncompacted dirt... I'm 6 months post construction and already have cracks in the concrete b/c the concrete guy said the dirt and fill had settled enough.. plate compactors are about $60.00 a day to rent... replacing concrete...well ...not so cheap

So wish we could've done and inground... & we haven't even had the chance to swim in it yet (installed late last fall) We didn't have the budget for inground, and where we wanted to place ours we would have had to move some of our septic system and potentially a phone line.... even more costly. Plus... the cost for a fence to meet codes!!

I admire your new build and look forward to more pics!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.