Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Sweet!

1. Back To Top    #1

Sweet!

Today is the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Sweet! Update?

Ok, I just got a call saying they have hit some ground water. He said in about 3 hours we have about 4 inches of water in the deep end.

He said to fix the problem they spread rocks/gravel and attach a PVC line under the pool to pump out the water from under the liner.

How big of a problem is this and should I be worried?

He said that it shouldn't be a problem and as long as we have good drainage for the surface water we should be ok?

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Sweet!

That's what they did for us with no problems. Our deep end is 6 foot and at that point we had over a foot of water. They had to dig down an extra couple of feet, put in a pvc pipe, and dump rock in. The pump ran 24/7 all during contruction and pumped into a swail until the pool was full. At the end, they capped it off and I suppose it would be used again if I ever needed to drain the pool.
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by lborne
    That's what they did for us with no problems. Our deep end is 6 foot and at that point we had over a foot of water. They had to dig down an extra couple of feet, put in a pvc pipe, and dump rock in. The pump ran 24/7 all during contruction and pumped into a swail until the pool was full. At the end, they capped it off and I suppose it would be used again if I ever needed to drain the pool.
    I think that is kind of what he is saying. He made it sound like it wasn't a big deal and they run into a lot. Just makes me nervous.

5. Back To Top    #5

I'd guess I'm about a 90 minute drive north of lborne.

In my area they are surprised when they don't hit water.
    Geometric 16X36', 16K gal, shotcrete, exposed aggregate plaster, acrylic coated concrete deck/cantilever coping;
    Pentair equipment suite (EasyTouch w/wireless, 2 Intellibrites, Intelliflo VS-3050, C&C 200 Filter, IC-40 SWG);
    Heliocol solar panels, Rocky's Roller, Blue Diamond robot

6. Back To Top    #6

Updated pics.

7. Back To Top    #7

With the ground water - just remember that in the future, should you need to drain, try never to drain too much out of the pool at once as it could cause the liner to float and/or wrinkle.

How exciting!
    Helpful links: Pool School; CYA/Chlorine Chart
    24' round AG pool, 52" high, Raypak heater; Waterway 2 spd Pump;
    150 Sq ft. Clearwater Cartridge Filter; Former and DISSATISFIED "Pool Frog" owner
    http://www.PerfectlyClearPoolService.com

8. Back To Top    #8

Connecting the dry well line to the pool suction and valving it off when not needed is very handy. In ten years, when you change the liner, you will, or the tech will see it and say YES! Thank You!

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

9. Back To Top    #9

Hard to belive they can do all that in 2 days.

10. Back To Top    #10

Very nice pool!! Maybe one day I can do that.
    26x16 rockwood keyhole vynil inground, waterway cartridge filter and swg, variable speed pentair pump, extra large skimmer with 2 main drains in deep end and 2 returns,Rheem raypack 206 natural gas heater, hayward tigershark qc robot. Being installed in late may early june. Woot!

11. Back To Top    #11

Hi dankfoot!
    It looks like a very nice and tidy work. Just out of curiosity though! I expect they coulden't have compacted the soĆ*l around the pool beacuse it's not filled yet. Do you know how they going to get the soil compacted all way down once you start filling?
    There are probably a very good way of doing so, I just coulden't figuring it out!

looking forward to more pictures
    Inground concrete pool 14600 gallons,Pentair Whisperflo 3/4HP WFE-3, Hayward swimclear 420sq ft
    Zodiac LM3-24 SWG, Dolphin Diagnostic poolrobot, Heatpump Gullberg&Jansson 13,8KW, TF testkit.

Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you You were trying to break into another world A world I never knew
    I always kind of wondered If you ever made it through Seen a shooting star tonight And I thought of you

12. Back To Top    #12

Henry,
    I asked if they compact the soil and they said no. This company does not pour the concrete until 3 or 4 weeks later. So with the rain and time the soil will compact on its own. I also asked about the dirt right around the top of the pool and they said they just fill that in with concrete.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
    Dank

13. Back To Top    #13

be careful of the uncompacted dirt... I'm 6 months post construction and already have cracks in the concrete b/c the concrete guy said the dirt and fill had settled enough.. plate compactors are about $60.00 a day to rent... replacing concrete...well ...not so cheap
    Grant and Jerri
    Liberty, NC
    New 18x36 vinyl liner pool with lighting and fountain

14. Back To Top    #14

Grant, How long did they wait to pour the concrete?

15. Back To Top    #15

The dirt will not settle very much in a month... I would compact. A day spent out there with a compactor would be a very wise investment.
    (DIY):16K Gal 20X30 rectangular IG Gunite, w/spa, CCP 520 filter,2 Pentair VS pumps, 400KBTU Pentair gas heater, Heat Pump for cooling, **update5.25.2013** added an intellichem with acid pump that will control existing SWG. My Build Thread Here

16. Back To Top    #16

Are there any final pics?
    Matt
    20,000 gallon, sand filter, IG vinyl

17. Back To Top    #17

So wish we could've done and inground... & we haven't even had the chance to swim in it yet (installed late last fall) We didn't have the budget for inground, and where we wanted to place ours we would have had to move some of our septic system and potentially a phone line.... even more costly. Plus... the cost for a fence to meet codes!!

I admire your new build and look forward to more pics!
    Indiana, ABG 24'x52" Galveston by Blue Cascade (Craigslist $600 w/part of deck included), 13,500 gallons, Intex SWG, solar panel

My backyard is like a park... Why then does DH always want to go camping??? I just don't understand.

18. Back To Top    #18

Are there any final pics?
    Matt
    20,000 gallon, sand filter, IG vinyl