Polaris 360 problem

GregH

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 5, 2009
Dripping Springs, TX
I’m having problems with a Polaris 360 that nearly always is stuck in the same place. I see it back up, go forward, again and again, but it rarely gets out of this area. Is it the pool design or something wrong with the cleaner?

Attachments

• Polaris 360 stuck.JPG
    Polaris 360 stuck.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 130
Ah, another Polaris with a sweet tooth! (keeps nibbling on the wedding cake....) Mine is like that too.

Does it just hang on the floor or is it capable of climbing the walls? If it never climbs the walls then your pressure is a little too low. Check the screen on the quick-release, see if it's plugged. Or if you have one of the pressure-reducing discs in there, take it out.

If it can climb walls, but can't seem to reach the wall by the steps (hose brings it up short), then I'd agree the hose is a foot or two short.

Mine runs into the corner and keeps bumping on the steps, not quite able to climb onto them. Sometimes I find that twisting the backup thingy so it's oriented a different direction will help. Sometimes I just nudge it out of the corner, and typically it goes quite a while before it needs another sugar fix.
--paulr

Scott -- plenty of slack on the hose, it's just out of the picture.

Paul -- you nailed it. It wasn't going up the wall at all. Screen was clear. I marked the wheel and counted rotations, and only got about 13 revolutions per minute instead of the 23-32 RPM's it needs to operate. Found the culprite in a leaking hose connector, which fixed most of the problem. I cleaned the DE filter for more pressure from the pump. The cleaner's racing around the pool like a crazy driver again.

Thanks for the help!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.