Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Polaris 360 problem

1. Back To Top    #1

Polaris 360 problem

I’m having problems with a Polaris 360 that nearly always is stuck in the same place. I see it back up, go forward, again and again, but it rarely gets out of this area. Is it the pool design or something wrong with the cleaner?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    20,0000 gal gunite IG pool, built May 2016. Jandy VS ePump, Jandy 60sfDE filter, AquaLink controller, PureLink salt water chlorinator, with Pentair Rainbow in-line chlorine feeder. Use a Taylor Total Poolcare DPD test kit. Heated by the Texas sun.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Polaris 360 problem

Looks like the hose is short.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Ah, another Polaris with a sweet tooth! (keeps nibbling on the wedding cake....) Mine is like that too.

Does it just hang on the floor or is it capable of climbing the walls? If it never climbs the walls then your pressure is a little too low. Check the screen on the quick-release, see if it's plugged. Or if you have one of the pressure-reducing discs in there, take it out.

If it can climb walls, but can't seem to reach the wall by the steps (hose brings it up short), then I'd agree the hose is a foot or two short.

Mine runs into the corner and keeps bumping on the steps, not quite able to climb onto them. Sometimes I find that twisting the backup thingy so it's oriented a different direction will help. Sometimes I just nudge it out of the corner, and typically it goes quite a while before it needs another sugar fix.
    --paulr
    BBB "Intermediate Swimmer"
    IG plaster pool 18.5K gal, Hayward Pro-Grid DE filter, 3/4 HP Hydramax II; Polaris 380, 3/4 HP booster
    AG spa 325 gal, probably Sundance of some kind
    Water testing instructions on one page

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks. I'll check that out tomorrow.
    20,0000 gal gunite IG pool, built May 2016. Jandy VS ePump, Jandy 60sfDE filter, AquaLink controller, PureLink salt water chlorinator, with Pentair Rainbow in-line chlorine feeder. Use a Taylor Total Poolcare DPD test kit. Heated by the Texas sun.

5. Back To Top    #5

Scott -- plenty of slack on the hose, it's just out of the picture.

Paul -- you nailed it. It wasn't going up the wall at all. Screen was clear. I marked the wheel and counted rotations, and only got about 13 revolutions per minute instead of the 23-32 RPM's it needs to operate. Found the culprite in a leaking hose connector, which fixed most of the problem. I cleaned the DE filter for more pressure from the pump. The cleaner's racing around the pool like a crazy driver again.

Thanks for the help!