Pentair Installation question

Mar 22, 2010
Goldsboro, N.C.
I just purchased a Pentair IC40. I know the couplings on the cell are 2". However, my pipe is 1-1/2. Will putting a 1-1/2 to 2 inch adapter into the inlet of the cell and reducing it back down coming out of the cell cause any problems with flow(or any other problems)?

Also, it says in the manual that the cell should installed on a straight run of pipe 12-18 inches. I have a straight run 18 inches, but the cell will cut out most of that. My question is; does the cell count in the 12-18 inch straight run or is that before the cell?

If the cell does not count, i am going to have to reconfigure my piping, unless it is not really a big deal to begin with.

Thanks

The new manual says that it is best if you have 12" to 18" of straight pipe before the SWG. Last years manual didn't mention that. Ideally, you want 12" to 18" of 2" pipe before the cell, since the change in pipe diameter might in theory disrupt the flow enough to give the flow sensor a problem.

It isn't clear how important that really is. They say "for best flow sensing", rather than anything like "you must have".

Thanks.
I'm just trying to figure out if i need to re-route my piping to make a 18 inch run before the cell.
If i decide to extend the pipe, should i do it in 2 inch and then reduce it back at the point i tie it back in to my current configuration or just add the 2 inch adapter right before the cell and reduce it back right after the cell?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.