Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pump motor parts

1. Back To Top    #1

pump motor parts

We live on a swamp, high water flooded my pump station. Power was off, so I've pulled the pump & motor, cleaned it up, re-lubed, etc. One of the long motor bolts was too rusted to salvage. Any sources of Jacuzzi (A.O. Smith) motor bolts? It may do fine with three, there isn't all that much torque. It's a fairly new pump...the previous one also got flooded but packed full of mud. I'm re-mounting the system well above the grade this time!
    16X32 AB, Jacuzzi Laser 190 19" sand filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pump motor parts

Is this your pump?

I have no affiliation with company the link points to.

Scott

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_pumps_j ... magnum.htm
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by PoolGuyNJ
    Is this your pump?

I have no affiliation with company the link points to.

Scott

http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_pumps_j ... magnum.htm
    Pool Center is in my neck of the woods. Well, across the county which is almost an hours drive. They have always been prompt answering my emails and have been very helpful. They've also been helpful over the phone. I "bugged" them for weeks, with questions, before purchasing my new filter from them. I have no affiliation with them other than I've purchased a big ticket item and some smaller ones. (Not saying that their prices are better or worse than other places, mind you.)

gg=alice
    1981, 25K, IG, Blue Plaster 1996, somewhat oval, widens a bit at shallow end, 1.5" pipes, 2" at Pad, 1 separate main drain, 1 skimmer, 4 returns + dedicated cleaner return, 10 ft deep end with very fast decline from shallow, Pentair Quad 80 DE, Pentair Intelliflo VF, 3/4 HP Booster Pump (equipment pad about 8 ft below top of pool), Challanger 3/4 Trash/Emergency Pump 120v, Polaris 280 (pressure), iRobot Verro cleaner (robotic), Aquabot Turbo (robotic), Jacuzzi Tracker 4X (vacuum) Pool Blaster (Buster), Two (2) PoolSkims, Solar Breeze (solar powered top skimmer) (beta to ver. 2, release date 2010), ColorSplash LED replacement bulb. Aries 550 gal separate spa, 2002 (our 3rd and BEST spa) , BBB-Bromine

4. Back To Top    #4

Actually it's this one: http://www.poolcenter.com/parts_pumps_j ... series.htm. Notice that items 11 & 12 (bolt & nut) are conveniently omitted from the parts list. Gotta love it. The bolts from the old pump are 3/4" too short on one end.
    16X32 AB, Jacuzzi Laser 190 19" sand filter, 3/4hp Pentair Optiflo, CircuPool RJ30+ swg, TF 100

5. Back To Top    #5

A piece of threaded rod (All-Thread) and a nut will work just as well as a long bolt.

<wooshing of wind, blowing of cape> Handy-Man, Off to Home Depot! Away!!!
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, I may have to do that. Finding all thread that small here in a tiny burg is the other challenge.

Thanks.

7. Back To Top    #7

I've seen motor shops do it all the time. BTW, There is a Lowe's in Surf City, and at least an Ace Hardware in Hampstead.
    Take one of the others with you when you go.
    [center:1kpalu48]Helpful Links: Pool School | CYA/Chlorine Chart | Pool Calculator[/center:1kpalu48]

8. Back To Top    #8

Yep. My homes away from home. I'll have a better chance of finding bare rod and threading it....which is what I'll probably do.