Low TA should I correct?

ganselmi

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 10, 2009
Roma - Italy
Hello guys,

after a long research I was finally able to get a professional test kit directly from the US to here in Europe.

I've got a taylor service complete kit K2005C in order to perform DPD Clorine (free/combined/total), DPD Bromine (that I do not use at all but are indeed the same CL reagents), PH with Acid and base demand, TA, CH and CYA.

My vinyl swimming pool is actully closed for the winter (meshed cover), only the pump run for about 1 hour/day and I just periodically check Cl and PH with my previous basic test kit.

Today I've run the 1st complete water test and those are the results:

FC = 1
TC = 1
CC = 0

PH = 7,2
CH = 180
TA = 30

I've repeated the TA test twice in order to be sure about the result, as it looks pretty low.

I've put those values in the pool calculator who evaluated a CSI of -1,26 and wondering if withi this value I may got damages in my pool.

Thanks for your help!

Fortunately I do not have any masonry/stone under the water line.

The PH seems to remain stable to 7.2 since 2 months now, and I'd like to avoid any adjustment for the next 4 weeks where possible.
I'm planning to finally reopen the pool for the summer season by end of April and 'cause I'll have to shock and refill SWG salt diluited over this rainy winter here, I don't know which effect they may have (this is my second year pool and first opening).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.