Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Another noobie..

1. Back To Top    #1

Another noobie..

Hi my name is KS and I just bought a house with an IG pool approx 15,000 Gallons and a Spa. the previous owners have kept it in great condition and I hope to do the same with help from everyone here after I move in and takeover the mantenenace in about a months time!!

I don't have the details on what equipment is installed but from the breif looksee we had there was a sta-rite cartridge filter setup with a water heater and an Aquabot pool cleaner. No SW chlorine generators for sure. Will post more details soon...
    16,000 G in ground Gunnite (plastered) with attached Spa, Gemini 3 NG Heater, Sta-rite cartridge filter, Aquabot Mark V, TF test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry
    Hi, KS,

You are very smart to get some early info on your pool. If you keep up with it early, you'll save lot's of money as opposed to letting it go and then trying to catch up. Welcome to the forum. We all hope you'll be a frequent guest.
    Dave S. - Forum owner
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

3. Back To Top    #3
    Thanx..! we have a community pool at the place where I currently live. Since I am quite handy with a lot of things I have occasionaly helped with the pool maintenance too. Hence I have a fairly basic knowledge of how things work and with the resources available at this forum I hope to transition into being a pool owner "Trouble Free"...
    16,000 G in ground Gunnite (plastered) with attached Spa, Gemini 3 NG Heater, Sta-rite cartridge filter, Aquabot Mark V, TF test kit

4. Back To Top    #4
    Welcome to TFP!

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Welcome to the forum.
    Jay
    36' x19' Freeform, 16' waterfall w/ groto and slide, 5' x 10' sundeck, 12" raised spa. Pentair IntelliTouch, Pentair IntelliFlo 4 x 160, Master Temp 400, IntelliChlor Chlorine generator, Aqua Blue PebbleSheen

6. Back To Top    #6

Hi and welcome to the group!
    Buggs

14,000 gallon, in ground, plaster, free form, play pool.
    Sta-Rite Max-E-Glass with a 1.5 hp Emerson motor
    WaterCo Micron High Rate sand filter S750 490 lb, 4883 sq ft - using ZeoBest
    In floor Polaris cleaning system
    Blue Diamond robot for those after storm days when I can't wait overnight for the in floor to clean it.