Coping issue for inground pool.

mikeT

Mar 21, 2010
Hi,
I have a 10 year old inground pool that is enclosed with a sunroom. A few years ago I noticed some small areas on the coping were blistering. The condition has continued and I'm now trying to figure out what to do about it. I have attached a photo showing what some of these distressed areas look like. I could use some thoughts as to what can about it.

Some general info:
Location is Chicago area
Water chemistry is good. We did however have an issue a few years ago with pool center that messed up up water balance and had to drain the pool.
Size is 16x32.

Thanks for any help or insight on this issue.
Mike
[attachment=0:2sp36v95]Pool coping 2.jpg[/attachment:2sp36v95]
[attachment=1:2sp36v95]Pool coping 1.jpg[/attachment:2sp36v95]

Attachments

• Pool coping 1.jpg
    Pool coping 1.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 133
  • Pool coping 2.jpg
    Pool coping 2.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 133
Hi mikeT and welcome to TFP :wave:

Because your inground pool is enclosed in a sunroom, it could and/or would be considered an indoor pool which puts a different twist on things.

Please post a full set of water test numbers and give all the info included in this article.

Also, if you have some pics of the overall set-up, including the sunroom, it could prove very helpful.

Folks will be around soon to give you some ideas :-D

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.