colored replacement lights

Apr 4, 2007
Livermore, CA
Hey everyone,
My pool cleaner hates the colored covers for my pool lights, but I love the color. I do not however love the idea of spending $1500 to get new color changing intellibrites (I currently have 2 amerilites and 1 spabrite as near as I can tell). So, do I have any cheaper options such as a colored replacement bulb or single color LEDs? We're ok with a single color if it can save us over a grand!

thanks all!

drogers said:
Hey everyone,
My pool cleaner hates the colored covers for my pool lights, but I love the color. I do not however love the idea of spending $1500 to get new color changing intellibrites (I currently have 2 amerilites and 1 spabrite as near as I can tell). So, do I have any cheaper options such as a colored replacement bulb or single color LEDs? We're ok with a single color if it can save us over a grand!

thanks all!

EDIT- I just found my email reciept for the bulb. Color Splash Led Medium Base Bulb Pool 120v - Lpl-2030-110 - 1 X $197.95. Sorry about that.

In my old Amerlite with a standard Edison base (previously used a 500 watt incandescent), 120 volt, the Color Splash LED changing, has been an amazing change. It has functioned well, and I've had no problems. Be sure to replace the gasket/O-ring when you do replace the bulb. I can't remember how much the bulb cost. I'm thinking around $130.

I also cleaned the lens and bucket very well using different products and scrubbing products. The rubber from the gasket had fused in some places so it took a bit of time to get that all cleaned off.

Others will come along. A lot of us have interest in using the LED bulbs. For one much energy savings especially if you keep the lights on for hours per night. Another is the much lessened glare from the bulb BUT better dispersion of light throughout the water.

I fought the Polaris knocking the colored lenses off and breaking them for years. And they always became scratched from Polaris pushing them around the bottom of pool. Real hassle.

gg=alice

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.