Conductivity

G

Wondering what the Conductivity of a salt pool should be? I have access to a conductivity meter at work and was wondering what it should read. My salt level does not seem to rise according to calcs when I add. This would be a great way to check my meter on my aquarite...

thanks

Here is a converter. Note that it is not linear over the entire range although between 2000-5000 ppm it is fairly constant. TDS ppm or mg/l is about 64% of microS/cm or mmho/cm.

Also, an even better way is to calibrate the meter with a known sample.

td01tx said:
Wondering what the Conductivity of a salt pool should be? I have access to a conductivity meter at work and was wondering what it should read. My salt level does not seem to rise according to calcs when I add. This would be a great way to check my meter on my aquarite...
Welcome to the forum :-D

Though members here will suggest, rightly, that there's no need to verify the salt level/conductivity reported by the SWG unless there's a suspected problem (since the SWG/controller is the final arbiter as to whether it operates, regardless of accuracy), it can be reassuring to verify its operation and know that the salt level is about where it should be.

Some conductivity meters have a built-in converter to ppm salt, but the cell controller probably has its own algorithms so don't expect an exact match. If you see yourself needing (or wanting) to verify salt more than once or twice a year, consider a cheap but effective alternative: a drop test that measures salt. I've had great and recent success with the Taylor K-1766 Sodium Chloride Kit ($23). It worked for me when salt test strips did not, and is useful when adding salt or when the salt levels are low or too high as reported by the controller.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.