Pool owners and Boat owners

Hey all, I finally got around to posting on this site. I work with Sean and I just cannot believe what he has done with this site. He has done a great job. I have been lurking since the beginning, just watching to see whats going on. It has been awesome to watch it grow. I love the boat but do not get to use it that much as I am a shift worker at a chemical plant. It can be difficult to find people to go out on week days and this is not a one man boat. Any time anyone wants to go out shoot me a pm and if I am off I would love to go out. Just plan on sticking around a bit and giving a hand with cleanup afterwards. Poolsean, yes it is a whaler type front end. Dry and smooth running. This boat is built by Micky Gilley's son and daughter in law, Miike and Susan Gilley in Pasadena Texas and is a very well built quality hull. Well, I hope to be able to get to know some of you guys a bit better and will continue with my lurking. Thanks for the welcome.

Big Mike

pooladdict said:
20 Foot Sea Kayak here, nothing like kayaking in the Atlantic with some whales nearby.
Rik

Where's the pic?
7.gif

Here is a righthead whale.

This guy surfaced 30 feet from four of us out in the Bay of Funday. Here is a a picture of a Beluga Whale, baby, this thing was like a seal it was so curious. We were later told it broke off from a pod an got lost in the bay of fundy up near St. Andrews NB, Canada.

We have whale watching tours up here now that guarantee sightings of 100% money back.

Rik

Attachments

• Whale-Righthead-BayofFunday-Sept11-06.jpg
    Whale-Righthead-BayofFunday-Sept11-06.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 111
  • BabyBeluga_StAndrews-Nov4-06.jpg
    BabyBeluga_StAndrews-Nov4-06.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 111
We just have a 16' Lund Explorer w/console steering for fishing the smaller lakes and a bit of waterski and tubing action - we have to keep it small due to laws that limit the total length of units - we have a 5th wheel and hitch the boat behind that when we travel. The Land of 10,000 Lakes and most of them do not have the kind of public landing/boat launches that will support those huge boats. They look nice though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
yep..i relate to pool/boat owners i bought a 2006 bayliner 175 for lake fun, we had a ball last summer but then moved & decided we needed bucks for updating/remodeling more..doing a 27 ft ag partial concrete/part wood deck.its taking SO much time..i so miss my boat/tubing with the kids on the big mable..but maybe again in a couple years once we're settled

im known to bring back old threds, but we have two boats, and next season are going to get a jetski- getting tired of renting them.
1989 wellcraft v-20, just got restored
2004 aquasport 275

and our pool.

i see if i can dig up sme pics

Oh, what a sore subject :lol:
Yes, a Stratos, Fish 'n Ski and a permanant rv at the lake.
Spent Fri. afternoon til Mon. morn every week for 8 years til........this summer and the itty bitty pool :lol:
It seemed to have consumed us like a new baby with colic. We haven't been to the lake a single time!
I think had we not run into our cloudy problem we would have had the routine down pat and gone on back to the lake on the weekends. Hub says he deals much better with motors than water :lol: jenn

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.