Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool Calculator

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool Calculator

When using the pool calculator I know it is a good idea to do all the test and have results. I am sure there are test that do not require all other test results. What are the test you can put in by themselves and what you want to get to that does not need all the other results. For example if I needed to raise my pH or lower my pH, do I need all the other results or can I do just pH levels?

Hopefully this makes sense.
    13,000 Plaster IG Pool approx
    Hayward C5030 Cart Filter
    Emerson 1081 EB653 1.0 HP 1.40 S.F. 3450 RPM
    Pool Calculator, Pool School, TF Test Kits

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pool Calculator

You can put in one at the time if you like and it will tell you what to add just for say the PH. You can go to the bottom of the calculator and put in what you did to say raise the PH and it will tell you what other results will take place while adding the chemicals
    18X38 Grecian 26000 gallon In Ground Vinyl. Goldline AuqaRite SWG with a 1.5 HP Pentair Pump. Triton 2 Sand Filter Two main drains with 4 main returns with 2 more returns on the swimout and two skimmers. Polaris 380

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Pool Calculator

Most of the levels (FC, TA, CH, CYA, Borates, and Salt) do not depend on anything else.
    PH changes depend on your current TA and Borate levels.
    CSI depends on everything except FC.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School