Inteliflo VS run time

Aug 17, 2009
The Pentair guy came and calibrated my inteliflo with my mobiletouch and has the pump run time for 5 hours at 2000 rpm. HE Did this based on the fact that we will be installing solar in the next week or two, we have a swg and a heater. My question is that the run time seems a little short. We got the VS to have a longer run time and save energy. Note- our watts for this time is only 500 which is way cheap but Id love to save even more. Our runs are a mere thirty feet from the pad. suggestions?

I am assuming you have at least 2" plumbing.

I would have set the pump to run slower and longer during normal filter cycles but fast enough for the gas heater and salt cell flow switches to make, with a couple higher speed cycles for the pool sweep (assuming you have one) and skimmers to work and when solar is running.

Which model Intelliflo?

Scott

Solar panels require a fairly high speed to prime properly, and both the SWG and the heater have minimum flow rate requirements. When running at the higher speed required for the solar panels, you don't want to run the pump for as long as you would when running at a lower speed.

As PoolGuyNJ suggested, it should be possible to setup the system so that it only runs at the higher speed when the solar panels are actually in use, and slows down to a lower speed for longer when not using the panels.

I have the VS+ SRVS.

What would you reccomend as good pump speed and run times. I have a short run to the pool from my pumps with 4 returns. Shouldnt be too much head loss. Thanks is advance!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.