Nitro Wall Climber

Jul 17, 2009
Raleigh NC
Well, I’m tired of looking at the pool cover. My Nitro wall climber just came in and it’s time to give the little bugger a test drive. Pulled the cover off the pool and chucked him overboard. :whip: Let me tell you, If this little guy can clean what I found waiting for me, I’ll give him a silver star. He’s running right now and so far so good. My pool is 21x43 so I’ll have to run it several times. I’ll post a review when he’s done. :whip:

Pool looks good. The Nitro pulled all the dirt off the bottom. It wasn't able to get the leaves all that well. Some the of leaves were big.
Not sure how it will do on acorns or sweet-gum balls. That will be this fall.
Over all, for the price, I'm happy with it.

Pool sweeps and robots help keep clean pools clean. They are NOT for cleaning dirty, debris laden or algae bloomed pools. That should be done manually. To do otherwise puts a severe strain on your expensive equipment and can/will damage them.

Sweeps are great for and intended for getting the day to day stuff.

Scoop nets are very effective at removing leaves and acorns from the bottom and are a fraction of the cost of the sweep and any repair cost.

Scott

If that's the case, they need to stop advertising that this equipment can do heaving cleaning.
I expect products to live up to what they claim.
I do use my net to get all the leaves and junk of the bottom . I also noticed that there is plenty of room in the intake ports to pull in small leaves and acorns. Not sure how that will cause any damage. I'm willing take that chance. If it breaks, I'll try another brand.

Ok, The Nitro wall climber in a big pool 21'x43' works good on the bottom. There is just too much wall for a 3 hr cleaning cycle.
Also, the Nitro tends to stay on the outer edges. It misses some of the floor in the center. No big deal, I just brush the center out to the edges and then throw the robot in. If the floor is a little bit lumpy in spots, the wall climber stops and starts to position itself as if to start climbing a wall. It must think that it's at the cove. Happens about 10 times during the cleaning.
I don't have the ladder in yet so I'll have to wait to see what it does with one in the pool.
Overall for the price, I still like the Nitro, I would not get the wall climber if you have an ABG pool. If they had a non wall climbing model with remote control, that would be even better.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.