My bearings are starting to whine!

Jun 10, 2009
Louisiana
I have a Doughboy Power Pak ll 1.5hp - 115v ac - 60hz - 3500rpm model# 0-1087-200.
and a Doughboy sand filter i think it holds 225lbs of sand model# 1702-019

This winter i got drunk while watching the BCS game and forgot to run the pump that night. When i got home i noticed a thin sheet of ice. So the next day at about noon everything had melted and i figured i would run it for a lil while. Well i guess there was still some ice somewhere in one of the lines. The pump started to whine a lil so i immediately shut it off. It still whines but it is running fine.

The pump has got to be at least 5+ years old. I've owned the house for 3 years and i'm pretty shure they had the pool for quite a while judging by the wear on the skirting and the liner.

I tried to figure out a spreadsheet someone posted on here but didnt put alot of effort to it. I have 10,000 gallon above ground and was wanting a pump that is quieter and more energy efficient. Obviously i need something that would work with my filter. Unless someone thinks it would be better to go ahed and replace that too and if so why.

This is the one i was thinking of getting (Model E71-1 click)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.