I pulled the cover off the other day and my pool was green with stringy green algae everywhere. I don't close the pool. I just adjust the SWG down and let it go. Somehow, probably my goof, my SWG got turned off. Long story short, my pool wasn't clean and clear when I took the cover off.
So I did a test with the TFP kit.
3/17/2010 FC2 CC0 TC2 PH8. TA50 CH70 CYA20 Salt 2100 Temp55
So I whipped out my pool calculator and went to work to shock it. First I added enough salt to get back to level(swg off). Then, well, I didn't adjust TA in the calculator before I started, so I added 3qts of acid instead of 58 oz. I then added the chlorine to get to shock level suggested by the online pool calc(not the ipod one I used before) and that is when I noticed the error.
Q:Will the rise in chlorine negate the additional acid? Should I worry about it? I have metal issues, so i figure the low ph might be good while shocking.
edit: I am guessing by using the pool calc backwards that my ph is around 6.8-6.9. That is no biggie anyway, right?