My Pool Build

bk406

Dec 3, 2009
Central Massachusetts
I thought I'd post a few picts of before, during, and after my pool going in. My yard had a ~25 foot grade difference from the back of the house to the back of the property. I had to build almost 1000 sq ft of Versa Lok retaining walls to make it all work. The back retaining wall is 5 feet high at the highest point, had to be engineered, and the use of Geogrid cloth to tie it into the hill was needed to hold the wall. We hauled out over 400 yards of dirt and rock to get the grades correct and then use walls to make it all work.

before1.jpg

back2.jpg

before2.jpg

back1.jpg

back5.jpg

pool1.jpg

pool2.jpg

pool.jpg

pool4.jpg

5-1.jpg

4-1.jpg

day6.jpg

day7.jpg

Believe it or not, the backhoe went in the ground to dig the footing for the back wall on August 13th, we were in the water September 1st. The rest was built by Columbus day. The following spring we did the deck and landscaping. So the hardscape and pool were done in about 2 months. This was done 2 and 3 years ago.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.