Pin hole in Polaris hose

Pool Clown said:
sammm said:
Not on the sweep hose. It's on the 'main' hose about 2'-3' from the main outlet.
Hmm, strange place for a hole. Did a dog or other animal bite the hose?

Not sure how it happened. I just noticed a small fountain while the Polaris was running this morning. We did have some extra cold snaps of weather this year and I keep the Polaris in the water 365 days a year, but I also have a timer with a freeze-protect setting. :scratch:

If it does not affect the performance of the Polaris, and it's not spraying the windows (fountain is not too high), I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just slide the nearest float over it. If it bugs you, i suppose you could cut the hose at the pinhole and add a swivel. The proper fix, although a bit pricey, is to replace that section of hose. Problem is, you have to buy a whole 10 foot section. Maybe your pool store has sections laying around he'll give you one at a good price (free).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.