Ocean stone liner and LED's

Either a Hayward ColorLogics 4.0 or Pentair Intellibrite (better dispersion) will work. If the existing niche is for a Hayward, go that way. If it's a Pentair...

If your pool was any larger, a single fixture would not be enough, especially with the darker colors like blue and purple.

Scott

dankfoot said:
Thanks again,

We are going with the ColorLogics 4.0

Since we are paying for the upgrade I just want to make sure this liner will allow us to view the changing colors ok.

When my "Favorite Most Trusted Pool Guy" was out here working, last week, I asked him about this personal pool color/surface. He prefers the white plaster for many reasons including the light spreads around the pool better and with colored lights you get better visuals. He has three LEDs but I'm not sure what size they are. He has a kiddie pool that the infinity edge pours in to so maybe one is placed there.

When I had my pool plastered in 1996 I was under the impressions that my water would be bluer with light blue plaster. I know this now from TFP, that as long as my water is balanced it should be blue with no hint of green. The only green cast I like in a pool is when greens that the light produces.

My plaster is light blue to a medium blue (the plaster is darker when the pool is drained down a bit but plaster still wet) (it started out darker but is 14 years old) and one Color Splash LED replacement bulb, the big one, because I only have one niche. The pool is lighted enough for safety in the lighter LED colors. The niche is on the deep end wall. Of course I would prefer two lights and placed on the long side of the pool facing away from house but I had to work with what I had.

With the lighter LED colors even the steps, off to the side, on shallow end are lit enough for safety as the lighter surface allows the light to reflect off the other close by walls.

My pool is about 32' X 16'. All pictures taken after dogs had spent hours getting in and out of pool and swimming, dragging in loads of very fine, tee-nitsey silt. The silt is cleaned up off bottom but much still in suspension.

gg-alice

This is with the white LED - there is a lot of fine silt suspended in pool.

IMG_3315.jpg

I think this is the lightest blue - there is a lot of fine silt suspended in pool.

IMG_3289.jpg

This is with the white LED - there is even more very fine silt suspended in pool.

IMG_3290.jpg

Pool during day, over cast day, - lots of fine silt suspended in pool.

IMG_3464.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.