pool builder put 2 bottles of acid and now my PH is LOW

Aug 17, 2009
Pool builder put 2 bottles of acid in the pool yesterday (i found out today) I tested it twice and its at or below 7.0 (taylor kit). The plaster (pebble) is less than a week old. Should I raise the PH as the CSI now says corrosion likely or run the waterfall and airate (sp?).

Other readings-

PH- >= 7.0
TA- Dropped from 230 to 125
CH- stable at 310
CYA- 45- he needs to add more conditioner

Leave it. The PH will rise rapidly on its own at first from the new plaster.
Also, no more CYA for a while, you can't use the SWG for the first month so there is no reason to increase the CYA right now. Use bleach or tablets for your daily chlorination during the first month.

Hope this makes sense...

frustratedpoolmom has it right. Adding acid not long after plastering is called an acid start. You should allow the PH to rise on its own, which will happen fairly quickly. You don't want to start trying to balance TA or CH for at least the first three weeks after plastering. PH, TA, and CH will all rise as the plaster cures. This will happen fairly quickly for the first three or four weeks, and then much more slowly for up to a year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.