Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Penatair Minimax Error 05

1. Back To Top    #1

Penatair Minimax Error 05

Hi there. Got a Pentair Minimax that is about 3 years old, don't use it that often. Turned it on today. Fan turns on, then I hear the gas ignite and hot air comes out of the top. Works for a few minutes, then get Err05 and then the hot air becomes cooler but the fan stays on. A few minutes later, the gas ignites again and this sequence starts all over.

Any idea what the problem may be? Technicians to fix this are VERY expensive, and in the past I have replaced parts on this unit myself with good results.

I hate this heater, and curse the day I bought it.
    35,000 gal pool, Pebble-Tec, Pentair VF pump, DE filter, Aqua Rite SWG, Pentair Minimax Heater in Southern California

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Penatair Minimax Error 05

Hopefully you have a manual that will tell you what error code 5 is.

I’m going to bet it is low flow and suggest that you make sure your filter and baskets are clear and that your valves are all in the proper positions.
    20,000 Gallon kidney sort of a sand filtered gunite in ground pool w/ hot tub.

3. Back To Top    #3

In the Industry

Check your flame rectifier/proving rod for soot build up and proper positioning.
    Factory Warranty Station for:
    Jandy, Pentair, Sta-Rite, Raypak, Polaris,
    and Paramount pool cleaning systems.

4. Back To Top    #4

Well, interestingly, works fine today. Hopefully won't recur...
    35,000 gal pool, Pebble-Tec, Pentair VF pump, DE filter, Aqua Rite SWG, Pentair Minimax Heater in Southern California

5. Back To Top    #5

Been a few weeks, continues to work fine. I wonder what the original "problem" was...