Where to buy DE Filter grids

Re: How hard to clean DE Filter

AzWildcat said:
Geekgranny -

Need to get some grids for my DE filter. Where do recommend to buy online ?

Thanks.

I haven't purchased grids in several years, except for the four I purchased at my local Leslie's last year. I had been looking at grids online, comparing individual grids and sets but wasn't going to know what how many, if at all, I needed until I opened the filter. As it was I needed four which cost almost as much as a whole set from some sellers on line. I didn't purchase a whole set because I was already saving up for a new filter, at the time I replaced grids in old filter, and didn't want to purchase too many. In hind site, a very good friend has the same filter as my old one, needs new grids, so I wish I had ordered the set. At any rate I'm giving her all my grids from old filter, some used only for a few months.

At any rate just doing a search on google "DE filter Grids" will give you lots of choices. It seems I did see some for my old filter, a set for $99. I don't know if that included shipping and/or tax though. That's something to consider when you purchase. My old filter takes 18" height.

I'm including the following link only because it has a picture of several different type DE filters to help identify what type grid you need and how many if you are replacing them all. When you click on the picture of grid assembly it will tell you sizes and numbers needed.

http://www.tropixpools.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1016

If you have a little space for storage, out of the sunlight, purchasing a whole set, even if you don't need all right now, is nice as you'll have some spares in case you need them next time you check your grids and you'll save some money.

Hope this helps some.

I just though of something. When storing them it might be a good idea to close up the ends in some way to keep out little furry pest. Also, I've had mice and rats munch on just about anything. I don't know if they munch on DE filter grids though. I have some other filters in garage, air cleaners, vacuum filters that haven't been eaten by the critters BUT we lived here for 19 years before the woods rats starting suddenly eating our cars (and those of neighbors).

gg=alice

Best "deal" locally for a set of 7 long - 1 short 60 SF replacement grids for my Hayward Pro-Grid was $277.00 (TT&L with a 5% discount). Got the same grids from A1 poolparts.com for $159.00 (with shipping from CA to TX).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.