We struggled to keep the pool up towards the end of last summer and now it's time to deal with the problem at hand. I have posted pics and problems we were having with the pool here at TFP before, but that was so last year.
- Unclog suction line - Borrowed a friends roto-rooter and went to town. I had to cut the line to shorten my roto-rooting distance. Found chunks of floor drain cover, acorns, leaves, twigs, etc. I still need to glue up the pipe, but I am confident now that the line is totally clear.
- Replace skimmer box - Becuase of the movement of the deck around the pool, the skimmer box has been crushed and cracked to the point that the water washes out the soil underneath the deck.
- Replace floor drain - Someone stepped on the cover and broke it into tiny little pieces. I cannot get a replacement cover since the company it out of business.
- Plug/cap unused jets- This pool is so old that it used this whip system to circulate the water. Instead of having eyeball jets it had 2-3' hoses screwed into the wall that would twirl around when the filter is on. I have 6 of those outlets and am only going to use 4. There are 3 other outlets for the booster pump, and they are not in the most optimal place for the polaris (all at shallow end). I am going to consolidate down to 1 and place it in just the right spot.
- Re-tile/cope - Right now we are talking about redoing the coping and water line tile. The coping is dated, but isn't much of a problem. Looking for an idea that will make what we have look good. I am considering doing the tileing myself, but will probably hire someone to do the coping if we do that.
- Replaster - We have decided to go with Quartz in French Grey.
After that, it's landscaping time...but that's a whole nuther thread.
Enjoy the pics, I'll try and update as I go.
Here Is where we started. Had to clear out the thick bamboo forest, but the pool was perfect!
And here is where we are by the end of the day yesterday