With high TA should I add borates

Aug 17, 2009
curious to know. Lowering my TA should be a ***** as my tap h20 is really high and with the heat evaporation I know im going to be adding water on a regular basis. I am balanced as long as i watch my PH. Can I still add borates without adjusting my TA?

frustratedpoolmom said:
Once you have borates in the pool it becomes especially difficult to lower the TA.
It's more difficult because it takes more acid to get the pH down to 7.0 and the same length of time for aeration results in a smaller pH rise so it will seem as if progress is slower (it's not, but it seems that way). You still end up lowering TA as quickly as before, but the process isn't as obvious when you don't see the pH rise as quickly.

I have a balanced CSI even with a high TA. The high TA occurs naturally with the well water that our city used. Would it be a bad idea to not lower the TA before I add borates. I just know that lowering the TA is going to be a battle and was curious if I cant just leave it the way it is as my CSI is balanced or should I give it the boy scout try.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.