New Pool Owner, Cloudy Water

Noggin said:
Edit: I'm now fairly glad I didn't drill smaller holes. I noticed that my booster pump makes more noise now than it did before and if I plug one of the holes with my finger I get popping sounds at the aerator, which I think may be air inside the unit. Is my booster pump cavitating and does putting more backpressure on it by covering the holes make it worse
Actually, if it's cavitating then increasing the discharge head (plugging a hole or reducing the hole size) would make it better not worse. If you're really using the booster pump and not the main pump it may indeed be cavitating because they are designed for more pressure at lower flow.

I might try to plug a hole or two then. Not really sure how to do it though... Sure something will come to mind. Maybe just some white silicone, but first I'll see if plugging the holes takes care of the pump noise.

In any case, I think this thread is no longer needed :) My original problem is solved and I just need to start general care of the pool :) I have an aerator to raise pH, muriatic acid to lower pH and TA, and bleach for chlorine.

Thanks everyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.