Raypak RP2100 Gas Heater Needs PC board?

Benttt

May 20, 2009
Hey its pool time is almost here in Cincinnati...Trying to get ahead of the tasks, my Raypak RP2100 appeared to need a new PC board that controls the thermostat. The item number is f352010 and goes for anything from $300-$500 online and is not returnable.
Here are the symptoms:
LCD Display is partially not working however, can read the temp.
Changes settings on its own...I set it for 83 and it went to 103...really high utility bill that month.
Most of the time it works fine.
I've already changed the control buttons (sticker with window and up and down buttons).
The issue is pretty intermittent, but a pain when it happens.
Has anyone had this experience with this or similar unit? Should I just replace the PC board and take my chances?
Thanks for any help!

Since you have replaced the touchpad, Yep, the board needs to be replaced. If you get a board that don't look like your last one, then you got the right board! Yours is probably green, and the new one will be tan. It will have to be mounted, and some mods, but its the one that works.

Boy, prices have come down on those quite a bit. The board in my 406A had been chomped up by mice, and was able to get one on ebay for 50 bucks.

I think he meant the element, as in the temperature sensor probe. Since it comes with it, wouldn't hurt to replace it as well.

Ahh temp sensor, thanks ruskey. Yes, you will need to use the one that comes with the board as you'll find out, your old one won't plug into the new board. Be careful when changing the sensor. The silver paste that is all over your old one will get all over everything unless you're careful... HATE that stuff!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello all,

I have the Raypak RP2100 and I've already got the new board -- except it didn't come with a temperature sensor. Is there any way -- even if it involves some wire cutting -- to get the new board to work with the old temperature sensor? New board comes on fine but gives the "SNS" error.

I've got two leads coming from the existing temperature sensor, and if I'm understanding correctly, there's three leads on the new board, though that's just a guess from looking at the pictures. Any ideas and/or suggestions? I haven't been able to find a good description of the installation process anywhere.

I don't want to buy the new sensor -- it's not so much a money issue as a time issue. I was hoping to have this working for the day after tomorrow.

Thanks for any help offered!

Hi Poolclown,

I recently picked up this PCB from ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 500wt_1154

I am going to purchase the temperature sensor separately and put it all together.

Will I be able to utilize the conver that I won as part of the auction. The model that I have doesn't have the protective "lid". I would attribute the LCD display leaking because of the absence of this lid in the older models.

Secondly Would I need anything else besides the two components I mentioned above to retrofit the raypak 2100 405A that I have.

And do you have a reference to the instructions I need to follow to replace the old PCB? I tried removing the pilot a few weeks back but it seemed to be jammed in there?

Does your existing board have a LCD display as well? If so, you got the right board. You wont be able to use the new bezel though, It's made for a newer heater.

Thats one thing about getting things on-line is that you may not get everything you need in the package. To buy that board "new in the box", it comes with the new temp sensor, a rain cover to mount with the board, and the high tension wire extension to ADD to the existing HTW, not replace it. There should be no reason to remove the pilot with this board replacement/ upgrade.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.