Hayward Navigator Trouble

Mar 22, 2008
I have had this Navigator forever, it came with the house. Last year we replaced almost all the parts (ebay was cheap). I am now having an issue with it that I cannot fix. I hate bringing it to leslie's because their parts are EXPENSIVE!

Issue: Plus it in and turn it on, works fine for maybe 5-10 minutes, after awhile it does nto move. I pick it up and their is lots of suction but feet do not move. I have taken it apart a bunch of times and nothing is in the way and everything appears to be working.

any suggestions? I have read troubleshooting on Haywards site and there is nothing there.

I have cartridge filters, they are brand new, the issue was happening before and after new cartridges. The hoses are just fine. I hook and manual vacuum and it works awesome.

Let's say I am holding the navigator and it is working, pods are moving when it is in my hand. Now I put my hand in front of the scution to feel the suction a little and it stops moving.

The Navigator requires a particular amount of suction to work properly. Too little or too much and it won't work. There is a gauge that normally comes with it that attaches to the suction line. With the pump on you adjust the suction untill the paddle is somewhere between the two black lines.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.