Landscaping - What type of palm is this?

reefkeep

LifeTime Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ponte Vedra Florida
Can anyone identify what type of palm tree this is?

whatisthis.jpg

Looks a little bit like a reclinata in some areas, and then like a robellini in others, and I don't think it is either one!. Can you get a picture of the whole palm?

This is driving me crazy! I have been combing the internet trying to find that particular palm for what seems like an eternity now and am still coming up short. I also have an odd palm in my yard that was different from my other three and it took me a while to figure that one out too.

Are there others down there with the same ones in their yard as yours? You might just knock on their door and ask them and see if they know.

Thank you for trying so hard to figure it out... The plant is not in my yard, I think I would like it to be but I need to first figure what it is. I thought it might be reclinata but they don't normally do well in North East Florida and this year has been the harshest I have seen. I'm wondering if it's a Hybrid....

The trunks look too tight to be a reclinata, but the fronds look sort of like one! Then again, the smaller trunks look like the robellini, so that is what is throwing me off! Whatever it is, it needs a good trimming!

I wish I could be more help. If you do figure it out, please post it up!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.