Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Landscaping - What type of palm is this?

1. Back To Top    #1

Landscaping - What type of palm is this?

Can anyone identify what type of palm tree this is?

11,000 IG gunite pool with 8X8 SPA[*]PENTAIR WHISPERFLO 2HP UP-RATE ENERGY EFFICIENT, ]EasyTouch 8SC-IC20 for Pool & Spa with Chlorinator[*]IntelliBrite® Color LED (2),MasterTemp® 400 btu propane Heaters[*]Aqualcal HeatWave SuperQuiet SQ155, Paramount ECOPOOL

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Landscaping - What type of palm is this?

Looks a little bit like a reclinata in some areas, and then like a robellini in others, and I don't think it is either one!. Can you get a picture of the whole palm?

3. Back To Top    #3

Not the same one but another of the same type...

11,000 IG gunite pool with 8X8 SPA[*]PENTAIR WHISPERFLO 2HP UP-RATE ENERGY EFFICIENT, ]EasyTouch 8SC-IC20 for Pool & Spa with Chlorinator[*]IntelliBrite® Color LED (2),MasterTemp® 400 btu propane Heaters[*]Aqualcal HeatWave SuperQuiet SQ155, Paramount ECOPOOL

4. Back To Top    #4

This is driving me crazy! I have been combing the internet trying to find that particular palm for what seems like an eternity now and am still coming up short. I also have an odd palm in my yard that was different from my other three and it took me a while to figure that one out too.

Are there others down there with the same ones in their yard as yours? You might just knock on their door and ask them and see if they know.
    10K gallon IG gunite with waterfall; Pentair CC320P filter; WhisperFlo 2 HP pump
    TF Test Kits - Pool Math - Pool School
    "It depends."- JohnT

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you for trying so hard to figure it out... The plant is not in my yard, I think I would like it to be but I need to first figure what it is. I thought it might be reclinata but they don't normally do well in North East Florida and this year has been the harshest I have seen. I'm wondering if it's a Hybrid....

6. Back To Top    #6

The trunks look too tight to be a reclinata, but the fronds look sort of like one! Then again, the smaller trunks look like the robellini, so that is what is throwing me off! Whatever it is, it needs a good trimming!

I wish I could be more help. If you do figure it out, please post it up!

7. Back To Top    #7

You can ask the question at palmtalk.com
    There are some experts there.
    Looks like a old robellini to me.
    Noob Here!
    24' Above Ground
    Aquatrol SWG
    1 1/2 hp pump, sand filter