Help me in using the pool calculator

You are doing very well!

You are now at the start of the middle phase, waiting for FC to hold at 15 overnight. As you are already doing, it is most effective at this stage to focus most of your chlorine additions in the evening. During the day most of your chlorine will be lost to sunlight, instead of working towards the conversion. In the evening almost all of the chlorine works towards the conversion, so that is the most effective time to add chlorine (now that you are in the middle phase).

I have a spreadsheet on amounts used, cost and all the data during the conversion which I will be happy to share when this is completed.
After seeing some of the Baquacil goey stuff I am wondering why this is even allowed to be used! Not in color, but in substance, it reminds me of tar!

OK, this morning at 6:00AM FC was 7
at 6:00PM FC was back down to 3
now at 9:00 PM it is up to 12
I will test it one more time tonight and post that result and the one in the morning.
The pool still has a green cast, but actually looks clearer than in recent days.
I will try and get a pic tomorrow evening and post that too.
Having fun with all of this and really enjoying all the help you all give.
Thanks a million

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
First test was at 8:00PM and FC was 3, added 443 oz of bleach as per pool calculator
Next test at 9:20PM and FC is at 18!
Will test again at 10:30PM and post again.
By the way the pool looks like it is almost blue again and clear, pretty amazing to me!

Adding chlorine all day will speed up the conversion, but it will also use quite a bit more chlorine than only adding chlorine in the evening will. You can do it either way, but at this stage in the conversion, where FC is being lost fairly slowly at night, I suggest only adding chlorine in the evenings.

Jason, do you think this will take a week more or what are your thoughts on how much longer this will take?
I will go to the pool store to buy the sand for the filter so I will have that on hand when I need to replace that.
I have the CYA for when I need it. Is there anything else I need to have on hand except bleach?

I don't think you need anything else except the bleach and CYA for now - you can test the PH and TA if you want just remember to test the PH when the FC is below 10. Then you'll know if you need one of the other B's.
I think you are in the home stretch... a few more days maybe. If the goop was like tar it's possible some of that is in your piping which could prolong things - stay diligent on the FC in the evening/darkness hours - lol can you pull an all niter? hehehe
Hang in there! :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.