Skimmer basket?

Do you have metals in your water (in the past?)- or do you use sequesterant on a regular basis? I remember a thread from last season where metals caused the basket to turn brown and after the OP did the AA treatment it returned to normal. Do you pour bleach thru the skimmer when the swg is not in use?

Please put me into the brown skimmer basket category, too! :lol:

Like bama, mine is a result of leaves (I think it's tannic acid or tannin that imparts that color) It fades to virtually nothing after a few weeks of having chlorine in the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
There is also "Chlor Brite", dichlor from Leslie's. "Bright & Clear" is a clarifier from Leisure Time, some Leslie's carry it.

Many kinds of plastic will yellow over time. After a long enough time some kinds of plastic will turn a dark yellow that many people will call brown. Organic staining is another possibility, though plastic doesn't stain very easily.

Ultra Brite is a clarifier. It shouldn't be needed, and it shouldn't cause any problems. Fresh N Clear is MPS (potassium monopersulfate), a non-chlorine oxidizer. MPS is handy for indoor pools, but for outdoor pools chlorine is less expensive and does the same thing. Neither would have caused the basket to turn brown.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.