New Liner vs Gunite

Mar 18, 2008
Garden State
We have an L shaped vinyl liner pool in need of a new liner. When thinking about doing the replacement a few thoughts came to mind.

- One thought that came up was to reduce the size of the pool (we don't need all that space).
- Then another thought was to possibly change to gunite.

With the excavation already done since the pool is already in place, what type of expense would I be looking at in NJ (I am hoping some of our NJ pool builder friends will chime in).

Are we just crazy for even considering either? I know it mostly a matter of opinion, but is one really better than the other?

We just had a new inground vinyl lined pool built, however when they installed the liner it has sooo.. many seams and all are visible. And the vinyl over the corner steps are a mess, edges lipped up, and vinyl pieced together. This pool is only 18" square and 4" deep (flat bottomed) with steps in one corner. Can we REALLY get a competent company to "build" the liner in one piece and a knowledgeable installer to "fix" this mess? Or is this not the way vinyl pools are supposed to be put together? Am I asking for the impossible? Any Suggestions?

The liner we just replaced didn't seem to have many seams (not sure of it's age). However, our new liner does in fact have a lot more noticeable seams than the former. Since the raw edges are white, coupled with the darker blue print, they are quite noticeable. I knew there would be seams, but didn't realize THIS many...especially down in the hopper area.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.